Late-breaking abstract submission is now closed.
Thank you for participating and submitting an abstract. Notifications of acceptance for late-breaking abstract will be done end of July 2015.
Submit a late-breaking abstract and get your work recognised among the world's leading respiratory experts. Submission is open for high impact studies that may not have been completed in time for the general submission deadline.
The ERS International Congress is a key event in the respiratory calendar. Presenting at the Congress will help you gain international recognition for your work and boost your profile among the world's leading respiratory experts.
How to submit
- Late-breaking abstracts can be submitted on 'my ers'.
- The deadline for submissions is 31 May, 2015.
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be sent to the presenting author of the abstract before the end of July 2015.
Guidelines for late-breaking abstract submissions
- Late-breaking abstract should contain new and exciting information that was not available for the general abstract submission deadline of 13 February, 2015.
- The data in the abstract must not have been published before the ERS International Congress.
- All submitted late-breaking abstracts will be forwarded to the ERS International Congress Programme Committee for their consideration.
- The late-breaking abstract deadline is not an extension of the general abstract submission deadline. The acceptance rate for the general round of submission is below 80%. The acceptance rate for the late-breaking abstracts is under 50%.
- Access the full guidelines (PDF)
All submitted abstracts are reviewed anonymously based on scientific strength, methodology and the data provided, in addition to the novelty and originality of the findings.
Make sure your abstract is correct as it cannot be modified once it has been submitted. You could ask your peers to proofread it to ensure there are no errors. A good abstract is not only based on its content; the message also needs to be clear and well communicated.
We are also offering an online educational course to provide expert advice to young researchers preparing abstracts and presentations for the ERS International Congress or any other scientific conference. Find out more and register for the 'Prepare your Congress Contribution' course.
If you have any technical questions, please contact: email@example.com / +1 217-398-1792.
The best abstracts are accepted for the Free Communication sessions and will be presented as Oral Presentations, Thematic Posters and Poster Discussions.
When submitting an abstract you can apply for an abstract grant and ERS Sponsorship: